Sunday, May 1, 2011

Back to the Doctors Office


6 month checkup time for Liberty Belle…Which is essentially the same deal as the 3 month checkup. Ash and I go through our normal progressions, making bets on the weight and length. Usually my guess is within 1 pound of the actual which makes me pretty proud but not confident enough to join the circus and host the guess my age and weight stand.

Starting with the tale of the tape-
Height - 26 1/4 inches
Weight – 17.5lbs
Reach – 8 inches when a bottle is present
This puts our little belle at the 65th percentile for height/weight.

Next, the visit from the doc…I swear he is checking out the parents just as much as he is checking on the baby. We have developed a decent rapport with the guy and he acts genuinely concerned for his patients well being, evidenced by the hugs and kisses he gives LB. It’s not creepy, I promise.
Anyway, he gives the normal speech about vegetables, juice and child obesity. Doc gives a verbal “high five” when he hears about Chef Ashley’s Gourmet Vegetable recipes (Carrots a la king and Beans Beans the magical fruit).

Now on to Nurse Dexter. This is the part when Ash fades to the back and I assume the lead role. Except this time we received what might be the best gift in 6 months- A combo vaccination, or what I like to call the 3 in 1. Instead of 4 daggers, there were only 2. Well that is about the time LB realizes we aren’t playing peek a boo, so the delivery wasn’t even a problem. Happy days ahead.

No comments: