Saturday, March 9, 2013

Capturing the Christmas Magic





That is the look of surprise, joy and freedom…LB turning the corner only to see a shiny pink bike peeking out of her first playhouse.

I receive the same look from Ashley every time I walk in the door. She eagerly awaits my arrival at the front door- pretending it is all about me and not the hand off that is about to occur.












Celebrating Xmas takes on new meaning with children. It always starts with Sesame Street Christmas and prepping LUX, only to continue with preparing for Rudolph’s arrival by sprinkling reindeer food all over the front yard.



We haven’t graduated into the Elf on the Shelf yet, but Xmas 2013 is a must. We won’t be the overzealous parents that trash the kitchen to reflect a mischievous Elf. I see more creativity and coordination with fewer cleanups.

My favorite part of the past holiday season was watching LB take the time to play with every gift before tearing into the next; textbook patience. I don’t remember taking that kind of time. I remember using my X ray vision to pull out every video game in the pile, despite Santa’s trickery with changing box sizes and positioning.



P.S. Almost forgot to mention our love for holiday cards. I had to share one our favorites.

No comments: