Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ding Dong- You're Wrong!


The most underrated Christmas Special of all time. Can’t you see the gang parading through the streets? And Bob with his masterful sign language singing a song with his hands…

I believe in miracles and I can tell you why
Once a year the street I live on sparkles like the sky
All hung with lights for Christmas
Twinkling everywhere
The world turns bright for Christmas
And if that isn't a true blue miracle
I don't know what one is

Bert and his uni-brow. Snuffy squishing into those oil barrels pretending he is Santa. The rubber ducky. The paper clip collection. And Mr. Hooper coming through in the end. Man that Mr. Hooper was a class act. Whatever happened to the neighborhood general store? I don’t see Walmart on Sesame Street.

The music, the characters, the story… timeless. And completely relevant over 30 years later.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness Dave this is my favorite Christmas Special of all times!!! I watch it every year. A true classic!!

Aunt yvonne said...

I own this DVD and break it out every Christmas. You can't forget cookie monster eating his way through all of the letters to Santa. LOVE IT!

Mom Mom G said...

I loved watching it with LB...I loved it when you were a child Davd and it is even better with a Grandchild..Thank you both for everything you do to keep family traditions going Love Mom