Monday, June 14, 2010

A visit to the Xray technician


So what exactly happened last Wednesday you ask? Let’s check the director’s script…Scene 2, Act 2, Take 1- ACTION!

Nurse: I am going to play with the magical Superman X-ray wand for 15 minutes to build the suspense.
Dave: Wow, these measurements and health assessments make me feel much better.
Ashley:(smiles at the camera)
Dave: (winks at the camera, then kisses wife)
Dave: (to nurse) can you tell the sex?
Ashley: (eyebrows lift with anticipation just like a kid about to open the first Xmas gift of the season)
Nurse: I was waiting for you to ask, let’s take a look.
Dave: (Grrrrrrrrr!)
Nurse: (Motions to cameraman to switch angle to “bottom of the toilet looking up” view)
Nurse: If we perform a topography assessment on the pelvic region, you can determine the sex.
Dave: OK, so if we see a tree with a couple shrubs on each side we have a boy?
Nurse: Correct, and I am pleased to inform you that you are now staring…(pause, wait for audience sigh)
Nurse: At…the…Great Plains. You are having a girl!
Dave: Yay! Fantastic!
Ashley: Are you sure?
Nurse: I have been doing this for 24 years and I know what a tree looks like.
Ashley: Are you sure? I work in a baby store and I want to get this right.
Nurse: (sarcastically) hmmm, let me look closer...(pause wait for audience laughter) Yep, it’s a girl!
Ashley: (Finally realizing that she just questioned the Superman wand) Wow! I was sure it was a boy
Ashley: (Realizing that her dreams of a daughter named Leighton have finally come true) Yay!
Dave: Thank you…This was wonderful
Nurse: Here is the bill ($17), don’t forget to tip your waiter.
Ashley: (to Dave) I love you honey
Dave: (to Ashley) I love you dear
Cameraman-(pan out, dim lights, key credits)

All praise aside to those of you with the foresight to peg the “girl” prediction, I do want to acknowledge the kindness and cheer that has filled the air in the Golia/Camp/Kennedy network of family and friends. Thank you all for the good wishes.

7 comments:

Kendra said...

So exciting!! Is it definitely Leighton? I love it!

Mom Mom G said...

Love the Script, Name, and the parents...I miss you both!

Now the shopping begins! Love Mom

These blogs make my day!

Ashley said...

Yep!! Leighton Belle it is!! Hope she likes it :)

BC said...

I look forward to these weekly blogs...funny reading! Dave, you've missed your calling.

Love the name! Looking forward to our visit!

Anonymous said...

I got a text from Lux and it seems she is very happy that the balance of power is shifting even more towards the female side of the Golia family. Cloud is "on Cloud Nine" with the news. She says she can't stand the thought of one more boy in her life.

Auntie Yvonne said...

love it!!! looking forward to seeing you guys soon and ash's baby bump. i cannot wait to have another neice!!

Cheryl Kennedy said...

Love having a grand daughter again. I guess after having 3 daughter's it was only natural..I love my little Dyl Man he is my only little guy.