Saturday, September 25, 2010

Birthing class


3½ hours of life that we will never get back. This was bad. Probably the low point of the pregnancy to date. And it was not due to lack of commitment or focus on our part; this was straight up poor instruction. After sitting through this class, I understood why schools have parent/teacher night- less for progress reporting, more for the parents to check out the talent that will shape their kids intellectual future. I wish we could have seen the coming attractions with this Lord of the Classroom. We would have turned left into Barnes and Knoble instead.

Our only take away from the class was TACO. TACO = Time, Amount, Color and Odor. These details are needed by the Doc to determine how fast you need to drive on the highway if the levee breaks. (Side note to Ashley- another reason why I always need a fast car).

What made it so bad? Simple- we were misled. This class was less instructional and more team building…Except the Doc was thinking tribe and we were thinking tepee. She wanted the entire class of 14 pregnant couples to be best friends. So we spent the first HOUR breaking up into two teams (Male and Female) to debate the pros and cons of pregnancy. This is too good to make up. We had the flip charts and the magic markers (strawberry scented) and we went to town. I wanted to contribute, but most of the guys pro’s were my con’s. Alien stomach movements is just one example of the many disconnects. I am not ashamed to admit…I guess I have seen too many movies

1 comment:

Mom Mom G said...

I would of given anything to be a fly on the wall for this class...I can just imagine the two of you sitting through this! Soooo funny.