Sunday, October 3, 2010

On Call


T minus 270 has quickly become T minus 30. Each holler from the other room is greeted by an immediate “what”? “Is it time”? “Did you make a puddle?” I find myself clinging to the phone- in work, in the car, even in the bathroom. This heightened sense of awareness carries over to sleep time too. Nights are shorter and the bed is smaller and more sensitive to motion. Even the dog knows something is up -she is chilling on the floor now for most of the night.
Most common question we hear these days- are you ready?
Baby room (above)- check
Car Seat- check
Bottles- check
Extra perky bottle nipples- check
Box of chocolate chip cookies – check
I guess it is time to pack a bag. I hope there is room for my cookies.

3 comments:

Mom Mom said...

The room looks fantastic, Daddy sounds ready, we all know Mommy is more than ready....now you just need LB to make her debut...I can't wait!
Love Mom mom

Auntie Y said...

i cannot believe that she is almost here!!! the room is really beautiful! happy birthday ash!!!

Mom and Moma said...

love the room looks awsome Ash and Dave I know the painting and putting together all the goodies in the room was a great contribution..Can't wait for LB's arrival!!!Love u Mom