Monday, November 1, 2010

Birthing Gift


Tradition says that you should reward your wife with something special. A treasure or keepsake that says "thank you" for the 9 months of pregnancy and the pains incurred during labor and delivery.

After thinking long and hard about this, I decided to focus on the day our daughter was born. I thought a photo was a good idea, but I never came across an image that captured the beauty and happiness for each moment.

So once again, I hired someone. It wasn't a child this time (see July entry "side effects") rather a seamstress. I think she did a pretty decent job even though she ran out of yellow twine.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm not even sure what to say about this one! What in the world is that thing?

Ashley said...

I just laughed and shook my head--only Dave :) But you are right, too good not to post!