Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Learning


Imagine this picture as a pie chart- what you see is a close depiction of the emotional measures of Miss Leighton. Alert, cheery and perky 2/3 of the time and milk induced comatose for the remainder. I would love to say that Ashley and I found our grove, but every once in a while LB throws the 12-6 curve and leaves us speechless. And to add a little more spit on the ball, we have Lux- who refuses to relinquish the role as the “favorite”.

All the books and preparation did not prevent the insurmountable feelings. We felt like the Hickory High School basketball team attempting to take down South Bend in the Indiana state championship. The good news is that LB’s needs turned out to be relatively basic; Dry diaper, full belly, adequate sleeps, gas relief and a regular dose of TLC.

So Ashley and I will continue to fill these voids, catching the occasional poop (mustard) fastball on the hand. Most of which turns out to be great fodder for the blog. So stay tuned, this can only get better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! Can't wait for Thanksgiving. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

thanks Dave u make me laugh every time I read your blog! I love the part about Lux it is so true Love Mama Cheryl

Pop-Pop G. said...

Dear David & Ashley:
I must say, I've not seen a more beautiful baby girl. She doesn't look like any of the Goglia's unless it's mom. We all love and look forward to your blogs. We both look forward to coming down soon, I hope that you have some work left for you and me to do. I heard that Leonard and Josh were there. I hope they save something for me to do. Love, Pop-Pop