Monday, June 6, 2011

7 and change


Too much time has passed, time for another status update.

According to the books (at 7 mo and 2 weeks)-

By now, you may have already told your baby that the telephone is not a toy, or that rattles are not for throwing, or that her sister's hair is not for pulling. At this age your baby may begin testing your authority by refusing to follow your simple directions. She's not really being disobedient or willful — just curious.

According to LB-

Following Directions…What directions? You tell me to eat- I eat. You tell me to sleep- I sleep. You tell me its time to poop- I do what I can because I know if I don’t, you stick a crayon up my butt! Other than that, I play.

According to the books-

Your baby's beginning to understand how objects relate to one another in three-dimensional space. She may be able to sort toys, grouping smaller items by size. Babies instinctively combine objects by stacking them and, as they get older, trying to fit them inside one another.

According to LB-

Hmmmm. How do objects relate. Let’s see. When Lux gets close, I try and grab her. When I hear family, I smile. When anyone claps their hands, I know they want to play with me.

1 comment:

Mom Mom said...

I miss her so much, and I can't wait to play with her at the beach this summer. I want to see her beautiful face when a wave hits her tummy. Ohhhh my! Love the glasses!!! xoxo Mom Mom