Sunday, June 19, 2011

The look


Similar to a mourning dove waking up the family, Leighton sings out a few notes every AM to press the start button on a day of activity. And like Pavlov's dogs, our ears perk up and we respond with a bottle and smile (so long as the tune starts after 7am). As we approach her room, the white noise of the sound machine increases. I reach for the door knob and make a slow turn to ensure a silent entrance. The door opens and there she is giving us a long hard look, almost as if she knew the exact moment we were coming through the door.

This is the best part of my day.

2 comments:

Aunt Yvonne said...

Look at that super cute face peaking through. I miss my beautiful niece! I hope that you had a nice father's day Dave!

Mom Mom said...

What a way to start your day!!! Love you Mom