Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ella and Her Kitchen


It started about a year ago with a trip to baby’s r us. I left that place with more questions than answers. Pampers vs. Huggies? Chicco vs. Graco? Dr. Brown vs. Dr. Ashley? Well, I’d like to think that we have the basics figured out. And for the record, Pampers is king. I’m not just talking about the dryness protection…That’s a given. It’s the scent, the softness, and the design - far superior to even Costco’s best (sorry Dad). Even Elmo gives his affirmation with an enthusiastic “thumbs up” on every Pampers diaper. Who can argue with Elmo? He has been winning the hearts and minds of kids since 1972.

Our next challenge- the baby food aisle. When Ashley calls in this order, you’d think we were signaling Seal Team 6. “Honey- I need a level 2, color Blue as in Bravo- Peas and Carrots; I repeat Peas and Carrots.” You have to hand it to the baby food makers- they didn’t settle on the vegetable solo shot…They got creative. For breakfast- LB had butternut squash, carrots, apples and prunes- all in one. Believe it; this is too good to make up. For lunch- sweet potatoes, pumpkin, apples and blueberries. And Dinner- Broccoli, Pears and Peas. You’d think that it would be nasty, but I tried the combo platter and was pleasantly surprised. I considered writing Ella to ask for adult sized portions. Million dollar idea alert! Pass the spatula.

1 comment:

Mom Mom said...

Who would of thought 5 years ago you would be comparing diapers with such expertise! You make me laugh every time. Happy Father's Day to the best Dad I know. P.S. I love Leighton's dress, she is sitting up so pretty! Love Mom