Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2 centimeters


Yep. 2 centimeters. That is what a 9 week old fetus measures. 1 Green Olive! I was tempted to ask for weight, but I didn't think the doctor would take me serious.

Today parenthood became much more real...And to be honest, I don't think it was the sight of the little morsel, or the 180 beat heart rate. It was the doctor saying- Are you ready to see your baby? Just hearing the concept of "baby" and "us" in the same sentence, spoken by the authority in babies- Wow. It was like hearing the manager look down the dugout telling us to take the field for our first big league game. Sure we have watched from the bleachers and shook the players hands- but now we field line drives and hit 88 mph sliders ala Brad Lidge. Different view would be an understatement.

So going back to size and structure- eyes/fingers/toes are present. See image (not ours of course). I couldn't help but wonder if the baby will be blessed with my amazing fingers and toes. Not that Ashley's are bad, its just that mine are better.

Oh- we also have the date- November 2nd. The next post, i will dive into what that means according to the stars (in the sky). I should mention that Daniel Boone was born that day. As was Nelly. I call that good company.

No comments: